Search through our help database of questions, how to, or tool tips. Most of the faqs are questions SiNi Software users have been asking over the last few years. We will be updating our help area constantly, so check back to find our most recently asked questions.
You narrow your search by selecting a 3ds max plugin, or category to search in too.
We believe we can offer a better service and build better products through maintained membership, Software as a Service (SaaS). Our pricing structure is priced fairly on a low cost to free up cash flow and support easy access to our products.
If you are a company or studio wishing to set up an account, please see below.
1. Register a new user as an administrator of the account. This may be a company director, or somebody responsible for software licensing. Please note; the account does not need a licence to control the account.
2. Once registered, log into the account User Dashboard and it is recommended watching the 'Getting started Help Videos' to familiarise yourself.
3. Please add as many users to the account as you like, these are independent of your purchased account licenses. Every user gets an independent account with 30-day trials and FREE software.
PLEASE NOTE. If members of your team have signed up before the admin account is set up, you can only add these users after you purchase licences.
4. Every user added gets a login email and password. They can then login and use the 30-day trial software, prior to the Admin purchasing licenses.
5. If you wish to purchase licenses, this is carried out in the administrator User Dashboard. Select the products you wish to add to the account and purchase. Alternatively, please see the Pricing and Sales Options page for SiNi Account and Reseller orders.
6. The licenses will automatically be added to the account when the purchase is complete. SiNi Online sales only.
7. Once the purchase order is complete the administrator adds licenses to each user by ticking the checkbox adjacent the User name. You can deactivate Users by unchecking the product tick box. This will release the licence back into the account pool for reassignment.
8. Administrators can assign licenses to any registered user of SiNi software. This allows you to assign licenses to 3D artists who may subcontract with your studio by adding their email into your users. The license remains yours to control and deactivate when the contract is terminated.
9. If you want to add licences, simply purchase more. There are bulk discount available.
10. To remove/delete licences, you must deactivate recurring licensing. This will terminate the licence when the current contract period expires.
If you have a team of 15 and only purchase 5 licenses you can assign licenses to 5 users, and add the other 10 users to use the free Forensic only. The licences can be reassigned to others when required by unchecking the license from one user and adding it to the other.
If you wish to set up a network proxy manager, when workstations do not have direct internet access, you need to install the SINi Network Proxy Manager.
We offer FREE EDUCATION licensing to authorised academic institutions and training facilities.
The institutions are responsible for installing and issuing SiNi Software on their equipment only. Educational licenses are controlled by an Educational License Server installed on the Campus IT Server. All Education Licenses are subject to a SiNi Education Contract. PLEASE NOTE. Authorised Schools only. This offer does not extend to students.
For any Education related questions please contact email@example.com (Subject: Education Licenses)
SiNi Software has two types of plugins in 3ds Max. First are the utility plugins included with IgNite. The second type is the object plugins. Both are found in different UI locations in 3ds Max.
From the top menu, locate the SiNi dropdown menu and navigate to the IgNite plugins. Alternatively, select the icon on the SiNi toolbar. See Toolbar page for more info.
Installing SiNi Software is a straight forward process and includes a silent install, for larger studio and render farm installations. please see the second sample below.
When installing SiNi Software with a silent switch, you MUST use an uppercase or capital “S”
We offer a separate installer for render farms. This is FREE. It only includes the SiNi object plugins required to render 3D scenes. You do not require purchased SiNi licences to install on a render farm. We recommend running a silent installation by using the “/s” switch if necessary. Please make sure you use a capital or uppercase “S”.
Question: "I have paid and the licence is not active, what should I do?". We occasionally get asked this. First, log in to your User Dashboard on the website and go to the My Users page. Check the licence is applied to your selected user. The website license server does this automatically. In the unlikely event, it doesn't apply the license will need to be checked manually. If you have purchased through a reseller, there may be a delay due to the setting up your account.
If the above does not resolve the issue, follow the information below, or please create a support ticket from your User Dashboard page.
From the top dropdown menu you access all the following;
IgNite plugins - All of the utility plugins.
Desipher License Manager - To log into the software and online license server.
Virus Protection - To protect your scenes from malicious MAXScripts click on Add Virus Callback. This will run automatically and remove any found scripts, harmful in all scenes upon opening them. Remove Virus Callback disables this.
Links to Help pages.
The above links are accessible from the SiNi Toolbar as well. Minus the Virus Protection and Help Links.
We have a SiNi Proxy server that needs to be installed on your server or a single workstation with internet. This will act as a portal to our online licence server from a workstation without a connection to the internet.
Please follow the below steps to signing up, installing and getting up and running.