Search through our help database of questions, how to, or tool tips. Most of the faqs are questions SiNi Software users have been asking over the last few years. We will be updating our help area constantly, so check back to find our most recently asked questions.
You narrow your search by selecting a 3ds max plugin, or category to search in too.
For network installations where company IT policy and data security is paramount restricting direct access to the internet.
Network administrators install the proxy service on the network allowing a secure encrypted tunnel connection to the online license manager. Within the DeSiper UI, select Network setting and input the required information. The user can then login to their account as usual.
Please see the diagrams below for installation options.
We offer FREE EDUCATION licensing to authorised academic institutions and training facilities.
The institutions are responsible for installing and issuing SiNi Software on their equipment only. Educational licenses are controlled by an Educational License Server installed on the Campus IT Server. All Education Licenses are subject to a SiNi Education Contract. PLEASE NOTE. Authorised Schools only. This offer does not extend to students.
For any Education related questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Education Licenses)
SiNi Software has two types of plugins in 3ds Max. First are the utility plugins included with IgNite. The second type is the object plugins. Both are found in different UI locations in 3ds Max.
From the top menu, locate the SiNi dropdown menu and navigate to the IgNite plugins. Alternatively, select the icon on the SiNi toolbar. See Toolbar page for more info.
If you are a company or studio wishing to set up an account, please see below.
1. Register a new user as an administrator of the account. This may be a company director, or somebody responsible for software licensing. Please note; the account does not need a licence to control the account.
2. Once registered, log into the account User Dashboard and it is recommended watching the 'Getting started Help Videos' to familiarise yourself.
3. Please add as many users to the account as you like, these are independent of your purchased account licenses. Every user gets an independent account with 30-day trials and FREE software.
PLEASE NOTE. If members of your team have signed up before the admin account is set up, you can only add these users after you purchase licences.
4. Every user added gets a login email and password. They can then login and use the 30-day trial software, prior to the Admin purchasing licenses.
5. If you wish to purchase licenses, this is carried out in the administrator User Dashboard. Select the products you wish to add to the account and purchase. Alternatively, please see the Pricing and Sales Options page for SiNi Account and Reseller orders.
6. The licenses will automatically be added to the account when the purchase is complete. SiNi Online sales only.
7. Once the purchase order is complete the administrator adds licenses to each user by ticking the checkbox adjacent the User name. You can deactivate Users by unchecking the product tick box. This will release the licence back into the account pool for reassignment.
8. Administrators can assign licenses to any registered user of SiNi software. This allows you to assign licenses to 3D artists who may subcontract with your studio by adding their email into your users. The license remains yours to control and deactivate when the contract is terminated.
9. If you want to add licences, simply purchase more. There are bulk discount available.
10. To remove/delete licences, you must deactivate recurring licensing. This will terminate the licence when the current contract period expires.
If you have a team of 15 and only purchase 5 licenses you can assign licenses to 5 users, and add the other 10 users to use the free Forensic only. The licences can be reassigned to others when required by unchecking the license from one user and adding it to the other.
If you wish to set up a network proxy manager, when workstations do not have direct internet access, you need to install the SINi Network Proxy Manager.
To uninstall navigate to your Windows Control Panel and select Programs and Features, and find SiNi Software 3ds Max Plugins from the list of installed software on your computer. Double click on the selected software to start the uninstall process.
After you open 3ds Max, you may see an empty toolbar. Please note, we cannot remove the empty toolbar when 3ds Max is closed. From the drop-down menu in 3ds Max, select Customise User Interface. Select the Toolbars tab. Select the old SiNi Software toolbar from the dropdown. Press the delete button and the empty SiNi toolbar will be removed.
Question: "I have paid and the licence is not active, what should I do?". We occasionally get asked this. First, log in to your User Dashboard on the website and go to the My Users page. Check the licence is applied to your selected user. The website license server does this automatically. In the unlikely event, it doesn't apply the license will need to be checked manually. If you have purchased through a reseller, there may be a delay due to the setting up your account.
If the above does not resolve the issue, follow the information below, or please create a support ticket from your User Dashboard page.
The Desipher License Manager is a login manager to retrieve your licence from the online license server. This provides live user feedback on licences available. Typically, when you log in you uncheck Desipher to hide on startup. If you unexpectantly experience issues logging in, please see the following messages below.
For use by IT Departments to manage SiNi Software across a large installation network.
Network administrators install the SiNi License Manager on the network server, accessible to all workstations. The license manager is locked to the Server MAC ID by encrypted license.
Once installed, you generate a MACID file which is sent to SiNi licensing to generate a license key. Upon receipt of the license key, install in the License Manager and licenses are activated.
Install the workstation software as normal or use a silent install. See Installing, Workstation page for details.
Open 3ds Max and within the DeSiper UI, select Network setting and input the required information. The user can then login to their account as usual but the license will be issued by the Server License Manager.
Please see the diagrams below for installation options.
We offer a separate installer for render farms. This is FREE. It only includes the SiNi object plugins required to render 3D scenes. You do not require purchased SiNi licences to install on a render farm. We recommend running a silent installation by using the “/s” switch if necessary. Please make sure you use a capital or uppercase “S”.
This only applies to the ILLUMi plugin, included with the IgNite utility collection.
1. First, set the path to point ILLUMI to your library by opening the IgNite Springboard and navigating to the Config Tab.
2. On the UI locate the Set HDRI library path. Point to the route of your HDRI library and it will find all the subfolders.
3. Second, open ILLUMI and it will pick up the libraries.
For instructions on creating HDRI thumbnails and filling in data, please see the ILLUMI page.